Monday, February 22, 2016

One Foot in the Grave

 
Living life with one foot in the grave is complicated.  I think about suicide every day.  When you think you might be committing suicide in the near future, it can make it difficult to plan ahead.  Why should I do this or that thing I don't want to do if I'm gong to kill myself soon?  Why should I clean if I don't want to (and I never want to)?  Why should I apply to a job that I don't really want?  Why should I take shit from someone?  Why not let them have it (verbally, not physically)?  Because I might not have the balls to kill myself.  It's harder than it may seem.  Although, you can change that.  There recently was a double murder suicide fairly close to the city where I live.  This guy killed his ex-girlfriend and her current boyfriend with a knife.  Then he killed himself with the knife.  Suicide by knife is not how I would do it, but the thought of going to prison for the rest of his life probably made it easier for him to do it.
Living with a foot in the grave affects what I post on this blog.  Should I hold on to stuff, because I might be able to publish it in the future for money?  Some publishers aren't interested in anything that's been published previously elsewhere: even on a little blog like this one.  Should I not hold back and post everything, because my living days are numbered?
I hope this blog will help people understand what it's like to have depression.  It's brutal.  It's hard to put into words how miserable I am.  Life feels like a prison, and death seems like freedom.  Some would consider all this talk about suicide, coming from someone who's alive, to be bullshit.  However, I have attempted suicide, which means I'm in a high-risk group to eventually complete the act  Years ago, I bought a how-to-commit-suicide book, which mentioned the various methods: how successful they are, how much pain is involved, etc.  If I kill myself, then all this hoopla about suicide will have been validated.  And if I don't, then hopefully I've helped people understand what it's like to have depression.            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...