Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Dead Souls

Image result for dead souls
"I see dead people," is a line from a movie that a lot of people like.  I see a lot of dead souls, which you can see in people's eyes.  I work with people who's souls are on life support.  Like many people, they spend a lot of time working a boring job that they don't like, which kills the soul.  They stare at their smartphones, and they live for their time in front of the TV. 
"You can be anything you want to be," is 99.9% bullshit.  How many people would like to be Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, LeBron James, or Stephen Curry?  Lots.  But only 4 of them are.  The vast majority of us have to settle for jobs, careers, and lives that we don't really want. 
My soul is mostly dead.  My writing gives me hope.  As previously mentioned, I'm working on a comedic book, which is close to being finished.  I'm excited about that, but I can't help reminding myself that, due to overpopulation, I'm living in a world of billions, many of whom are desperate for attention.
I'm grateful for the page views this blog gets.  It's dark, but perhaps people appreciate the no-bullshit realism here.  I have tons of things to write about here, but, as I just mentioned, my main focus is my next book, as it should be.  Several people have told me I'm funny (unsolicited), so I suppose that comedy is my forte.  That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...