Thursday, December 8, 2016

Surrounded by Cruelty

Image result for animal cruelty
It's not enough that I have to see and smell meat in the break room at work when I'm eating my lunch.  I also have to hear my coworkers talking extensively about meat.  At least 2 of my coworkers think it's hilarious to say that "Bacon makes everything better."  The 2 of them, and others, have repeated this over and over again.  I hate hearing this, especially while seeing their smiling faces, because I know what sort of extreme cruelty people are supporting when they buy bacon and other pig meat products.  They just go on and on, laughing and smiling, about the meat they like to eat.  It is so insensitive.  I can only assume that the animals they are eating mean nothing to them.  This is what animals, and those that really love them, are up against. 
A wise man told me that the only real hope "food" animals have is the development of vegan meat that is cheaper than real meat and also resembles it closely.
In the meantime, cruelty is everywhere.  At work, customers approach me, clad in leather, buying things like mousetraps, gopher poison, and beef jerky. 
I was flipping channels on my TV, and I saw a sweet, innocent, vulnerable, beautiful deer, who was foraging in the forest.  I was full of love and good feelings toward that deer.  However, I know that there are plenty of hunting shows on TV, and, indeed, this wonderful image was replaced by a hunter aiming his rifle at the deer.  I immediately changed the channel, because I didn't want to see that deer get shot.  Shooting at deer is monstrous.  Animal liberation is something that is long overdue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...