Sunday, March 19, 2017

Hypocrisy

Image result for hypocrisy
Everyday brings so much hypocrisy.  I was watching a TV show on DVD: The Jim Gaffigan Show.  Much was made about how Gaffigan, a comedian, works "clean," which, of course, means that he doesn't curse, and his act doesn't contain explicit sexual content.  However, like so many other people, he makes unfunny jokes about how much he loves bacon.  It's a big part of his act that he's fat, and he likes to eat.  When people talk about how much they love to eat meat or joke about how much they like bacon, I'm offended.  So, even though he doesn't curse, I was offended several times while watching his show.  Not only is he, and people like him, supporting cruelty to animals by buying meat, but they make jokes about it too.  Animals matter so little to them that they laugh about the suffering they're inflicting upon them: truly offensive to me. 
My aforementioned frenemy is like that.  He has judged and criticized me repeatedly about things I have said.  He loves to do it.  He is a politically correct pussy.  It got to the point where I'd respond to his petty criticisms by pointing out that words fly harmlessly through the air: especially when compared to paying people to be cruel to animals by buying meat, which he does regularly.  As someone who hasn't eaten meat since 2002, I can't compete with his level of cruelty. 
My mother is like this too.  She hates hearing the word "fuck."  However, she is a meat eater.  So, according to her, it's worse to say fuck than it is to contribute to the torture and murder of animals.  The hypocrisy is off the charts.
Then there's religion.  How many religious meat eaters would look down upon me because I'm an atheist?  Fuck their religion and fuck them.  I believe in what I know to be real.  Paying people to treat animals horribly is wrong.  I had an encounter with a religious customer at work recently.  He told me a shitty story about how he mentioned Jesus while he was waiting on a line somewhere.  And the woman behind him asked him if he mentioned Jesus, and if he would pray for her later.  He said, "I'll pray for you right now."  And, according to him, she was so grateful.  He seemed to think this was a great story: not me.  I wasn't impressed at all.  Praying is so easy.  I just did it.  I thought, "Dear god, please save all the animals of the world from hell on earth."  Think it will happen?       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...