Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The Loneliness of Being in the Minority

Image result for loneliness
It's a lonely life to be the way I am.  I'm an atheist who thinks that meat eaters and any people (with the exception of children and the mentally disabled) who have brought people or animals into this world are cruel.  What are the chances I'll find a girlfriend that feels the same way, or will even tolerate my beliefs? 
I tell myself I shouldn't even try to find a girlfriend.  I've started to make a list of pros and cons of being in a relationship.  So far, the cons are winning.  However, when OkCupid emails me my latest "top matches," I check them out.  Logically, I shouldn't want to be in a relationship, but it can be hard to go against what is natural.  Touching (even non-sexual) is very therapeutically beneficial, and it's something I don't have in my life.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...