Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Death World

Image result for death
Any faithful reader of this blog will agree that I've gone on, at length, about how cruel it is for a person to bring animals or people into this world.  This time, I'll focus on one reason.  The existence of death alone is reason enough to not bring someone into this world.
If one doesn't die young, then one will have to deal with the deaths of beloved pets, friends, relatives, spouses, significant others, famous people they're fans of, etc.  Having to deal with the deaths of others has obviously shattered people's lives.  Some never recover from it.  And, compounding the situation, more deaths will follow; it's guaranteed.
I can still recall when, as a kid, I first began to grasp the concept of death.  It blew my little mind.  It was traumatic.  All this will just fade to black? I thought.  I won't wake up anymore?  I won't think anymore?  I won't see or hear anything anymore?
Perhaps this is part of the reason why metal is my favorite sort of music.  There is a subgenre of it called "death metal."  Obviously, death metal doesn't dance around the subject of death.  It's right there: in your face, in the name.  Metal lyrics tend to be more honest than what you'll find in other sorts of music.  For instance, as far as I know, there isn't a subgenre of metal called "love metal."  As far as I'm concerned, most love songs are garbage.  Is love between a man and a woman (or a gay couple) real?  Sometimes.  Or, in most cases, is it really lust that will fade?  How many pop stars have released songs where they're singing about how they'll love one person forever?  Meanwhile, they're getting more ass than a toilet seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...