Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Whale

A free groundhog
The Whale is the name of a movie I saw recently on DVD.  It is a beautiful documentary that is narrated (very well) by Ryan Reynolds.  It is about a young male Orca, named Luna, that became separated from the rest of his pod.  He found himself off the west coast of Vancouver Island, British Columbia.
Orcas are social creatures: like us.  Since he had no whales to hang out with, he tried to make friends with all the humans he encountered.   I don't want to reveal too much.  It is a great movie.  It's rated G.  There is no offensive material in it whatsoever.  By the way, the breath-taking scenery alone is a reason to see this movie.
I don't know what to say.  I love animals.  They are in my thoughts everyday.  I wish humans would stop imprisoning them and eating them.  So far, I don't think much of capitalism.  Greed is the main reason why animals like pigs, chickens, and cows are treated horribly.  They cram as many as they can into a building without concern for how much space each animal has.  On a personal note, I'm unemployed, looking for a job, and my savings are running out.  The gap between the haves and have nots keeps widening in this country.  I feel like we ruined this beautiful natural world with our sick society.  Nature is perfect; there's nothing wrong with it.  We haven't improved upon it; it is superior to anything we have done.
What would it take to get people to stop eating meat?  We certainly don't need to.  For the most part, it's bad for our health.  The healthiest foods are whole foods like fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, beans, and whole grains; meat can't compare.
I find myself at a loss for words.  Stop eating meat and eggs.  Treat animals with respect and kindness; they belong here as much as we do.  They should have the same freedoms and protection from violence that we have.      

1 comment:

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...