Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Hanging on by a Paw

Image result for cat's paw
Sometimes, all you have to live for is a paw.  These are dark times for me.  However, this weekend, I spent the night at my friend's house.  He has 2 cats: Jack and Berkeley.  I slept on a couch.  Berkeley slept on the couch cushion that was right over my head.  He used to recline on the couch cushion that was closer to my feet.  Because of the location of the TV, I always face the same way when I recline.  Lately, Berkeley has switched cushions he lies on, I think, because he wants to make it easier for me to pet him.  He's a very sweet cat.  So is Jack, but he's a bit of a scaredy cat.
I was sleeping on the couch and I opened my eyes.  I was looking up.  I saw one of Berkeley's paws hanging over the couch cushion.  That sight delighted me.  My friend, Berkeley, slept right above my head.
When I'm depressed, and I often am, I try to remember to think about the sight of Berkeley's paw.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...