Sunday, February 26, 2017

Fuck the Oscars

Image result for fuck the oscars
Since tonight is oscar night, I can't help mentioning that I don't give a fuck.  Awards shows suck.  I haven't voluntarily watched one in years.  I've only seen some, because it's what "friends" were watching (They aren't friends anymore.).  These shows are boring as hell.  The winners get up there and thank a bunch of people.  That's what they all do: boring!
It's beyond me why regular people (People who aren't rich.) would want to watch multi-millionaires get their asses kissed all night long.  Apparently, getting paid all that money for playing pretend isn't enough.  What are they doing?  They memorize lines and repeat them while moving or sitting on their asses.  It's not rocket science.  They even get to do sex scenes and make out with hotties: nice work if you can get it! 
I just recently saw Captain Fantastic, which is the movie that Viggo Mortensen is nominated for best actor for.  His performance was nothing special. 
The only award I pay any attention to is best picture, because I am a movie fan.  However, not all of the winners are worth seeing.  Forrest Gump and The English Patient sucked, and Crash wasn't very good. 
I've mentioned nepotism here before, because I haven't been the beneficiary of any.  A lot of actors have "made it," because they are related to successful actors, directors, etc.  I saw part of a show in which they were showing what some famous actors were doing before they were famous.  They showed Jeff and Beau Bridges acting, as kids, on their father's (Lloyd Bridges) TV show Sea Hunt.  I'm sure they earned those acting jobs, and it had nothing to do with nepotism (sarcasm).    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...