Wednesday, September 17, 2014

God Never Existed

What god would have allowed this to happen?
I've previously written about things I think are backwards.  Two of them bother me every day.  I believe most people should be vegetarians or vegans: not meat eaters.  And I think most people should not bring other kids into the world: not the other way around.
This, to me, is the third most obvious example of a way in which human society is backward: belief in god.  There are people out there who believe every word of the bible.  That is scary.  The bible is full of nonsense.  All sorts of things happened in the bible that cannot be proven in the real world.  So, yes, I think it makes more sense to not believe in god than to believe in him.
I believe that god was created out of fear and ignorance.  It makes sense for primitive people to believe in him, because they were afraid.  They wanted to think some big guy in the clouds had their backs.  It also helped explain things they didn't understand (It's god's will.).  But, in this day and age, I think it makes no sense for sensible people to believe in god.  We should know that horrible things happen to people, and animals, everyday, and that no god is watching anyone's back.  Also, we have science to explain things.
Belief in god is called "faith," because there is no evidence god ever existed.  There is no proof, so you must have faith.  These are the reasons I think people say they believe in god: they are afraid, they are mentally disabled, they are followers, they want to belong, they're afraid of being left out, and they're liars.  Yes, liars.  In America, you can't be the president if you don't believe in god.  We have had some very intelligent presidents: Nixon, Clinton, Obama.  Perhaps one, or all three, of them did not believe in god, but they wanted to be president, so they lied about it.
I think that truly believing in god is a form of mental illness, and this is coming from someone who has depression and OCD.
Religion seems to be responsible for so much misery.  Everyone knows about 9/11, Isis, and radical Islam, but, in the past, Christians certainly did their share of conquering.  I think we'd be better off ditching all religion and worshiping Mother Nature and all her animals instead.  Focus on the real and not the imaginary.           

2 comments:

  1. hey, i think it's really cool that you have so much respect for animals. the place where i am now living does not allow pets, but my best friend when i was growing up was a miniature collie named trixie. when she somehow escaped from our huge front yard one day, my heart was broken.

    i've read a few of your posts. i also am living with depression and ocd (plus social anxiety). each day is a struggle, but i force myself to do all the things i need to do in order to stay alive. i've often thought of suicide, but don't have the guts to manage it.

    i don't plan on becoming a father because of many of the reasons you wrote about. also, i don't want to risk bringing a kid into the world that is depressed and anxious 24/7. that would be selfish and cruel. anyway, just wanted to say i can totally relate to lots of the stuff you've written about...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Zach. I've also thought frequently of suicide but don't have the guts to do it, which is a good thing. It's such an ugly thing when the mind decides to kill the body. The body resists and struggles. We might as well make the best of it. I hope you're getting help. I've had therapy and I'm on Prozac. If you don't already know this, I highly recommend eating plenty of fresh organic spinach. It helps.

    ReplyDelete

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...