Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Squirrel Addendum

Tail first
I saw a variety of squirrel that I had never seen before.  I was walking through my apartment complex, and a white squirrel ran across my path.  He had a tan spot on his back.
I believe one of the squirrels who forages on the grounds near my apartment recognized me.  I was taking out my garbage, and she stared at me intensely.  Then, much to my surprise, she followed me.  I kept looking behind me to check, and there she was: staring at me and hopping after me.  Perhaps she was the one that I tossed a whole walnut to.  As soon as I did that, she took off after it and seized it between her paws.  I kept telling her that I had no nuts on me, but she kept following me.  I had been in a very depressed mood until that point.  Her cuteness cheered my up considerably.  I always have to remind myself, as bad as my depression gets, I should live to help animals; they need it so badly.  I need to remind myself of times like this one; I noticed a snail, with a beautiful yellow shell, who was slithering into a large parking lot of a shopping center, where she would have most likely been crushed.  I picked her up and gently placed her into a grassy area where water would have been easily accessible to her.  

1 comment:

  1. I miss the squirrels we used to have around my neighborhood when our walnut tree was still living.

    ReplyDelete

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...