Saturday, March 22, 2014

Find the Light in the Darkness

sister baby groundhogs
I'm feeling good today.  Recently, until yesterday, I had been in a pretty deep depression.  A friend of mine likes the movie Yes Man, with Jim Carrey, and so do I.  Say yes.  Say yes to going out, trying new things, etc.  Yesterday, I had very low energy right from the start.  Then I walked for about an hour and did some pushups & crunches.  Then I was feeling exhausted.  I ate something I'm not very used to eating as of late, cashews, and I may have eaten too many.  I wasn't feeling well.  I felt depressed, tired, and a little bit sick to my stomach.
However, my friend had left a message for me earlier in the day about going out to a bar to see a band.  I wanted to go.  I've been too lonely.  If I had a car, things would be different, but I don't.  So I kept that option open.  I was still depressed, tired, and sickly, but I thought maybe going out was what I needed to get out of my funk.  I went.  I had to take the bus.  Some moron messed-up the schedule.  I was standing where the online schedule said I should stand, but the bus went right by me.  I ran after it and caught it at another stop.
I met 2 friends at that bar.  Then we went to one of their houses.  We stayed up late and had a good time.  I slept on a couch.  I woke up and had more good times with my friend (The other had left early.).  We have a lot in common.  He fed me, gave me coffee, and drove me home.  He is a great friend, and I'm lucky to have him as one.  We might go out tonight too.  I hope so.  Friends are important, and I've never had too many.
I continue to eat chick pea salad with green onions, tomatoes, and cucumbers.  I put olive oil and salt on it.  I love it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...