Sunday, July 6, 2014

Nothing Gold Can Stay

Those were the days: mama Veronica with 4 of her babies.
My fears have, apparently, been confirmed.  Mama Veronica is still MIA.  Even worse, it seems as though we are down to 2 groundhog babies (from 5).  I believe that an intruding adult groundhog chased Veronica away and, perhaps, 3 of her babies.  It was horrible to witness; I heard the now familiar sounds of a young groundhog crying.  She was being attacked by the intruding adult.  She ran across the grass to the other building (the one I live in).  The adult chased her: right on her heels all the way.  I heard more of her cries.  I yelled, "Leave her alone!" out my window several times.  I don't expect the adult groundhog to know English, but I was trying to break it up.  If the adult is scared, then maybe it will put an end to the assault.
However, lately I haven't even seen this intruder around.  I recently saw a groundhog that moved around strangely: like a cross between a groundhog and a sloth.  Haven't seen that one around as of late either: just the 2 youngsters.  When it's hot out, at least one likes to lie down under the shade of a nearby bush.
What a shame it is that we're living in such a violent world.  That's why I'm dead-set against bringing people, or animals, into it.  Even though my mood has been consistently better since I've been eating fresh organic spinach every day,  I still think it's an act of cruelty for a person to bring another person or an animal into this brutal world.
I have a new neighbor.  I had been living alone in my apartment building.  Then this guy moved in right under me.  So now I'm back to hearing someone living underneath me.  It would have been better for me, and for him, if he had moved into the unit that's not below, or next to, mine.  But he didn't do that, I had no control over the situation, and what happened happened.  I have heard him making noise and I don't like it.  Considering how consistently good I've been feeling lately, today hasn't been a good one.  Either way, I'll try to persevere.  I don't believe it's in my constitution to commit suicide, so I have no choice.           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...