Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Baby Groundhogs


What a cutie!  I think that's grass in her mouth.
I'm lucky enough to be living right next to a hole where a mother groundhog lives with her three babies.  They are all very cute.  A wild-eyed rabbit approached a baby groundhog curiously, a little too close for the baby groundhog evidently.  The baby groundhog sprinted at the rabbit: scaring her off.  That's a pretty tough baby groundhog.  I was in a band called Baby Groundhog; we sucked. 
I think that the scrawny groundhog around here impregnated the zaftig mother, she had the babies, then she was done with him.  I saw her chase him away.  She might have been saying, "Don't eat this grass!  This is for my baby groundhogs!"
The babies are afraid of everything: with good reason.  I think I saw the mother chase one of her babies.  Perhaps she went out without her mother's permission.  The mother knows which sights and sounds to fear from experience that the baby groundhogs do not have yet.  So many a sound will cause a baby groundhog to run toward the comfort of the hole where she's being raised.
Speaking of holes, I recall the first time I realized where the mother groundhog lived.  I surprised her by emerging from an area where not very many people walk around.  She sprinted, like her life depended on it, toward the building in which I live.  Where is she going, I was thinking.  She dove into a hole; then her head popped out of it.  She was so cute that I couldn't help smiling and waving at her, but I don't think she liked that.  I think she wanted to be invisible to me, because the giants frighten her.
Groundhogs are beautiful animals, and, as far as I can tell, and I 'm no Jacques Cousteau, they seem to be very quiet too.  Not like the birds they share grazing duty with.  Even though noise is noise, I prefer loud birds to loud humans.
By the way, I've been listening to Paul Davis, and he is awesome.  What a syrupy-smooth voice.  Now I'm listening to Gloria Estefan's greatest hits.  I'm being assaulted by the Conga.  This music would be better if she was dancing to it right in front of me.  Wootay!
What else can I say about groundhogs?  They're a credit to the community.  They are rising property values.  They should get into politics; they've got my vote.  The least-qualified groundhog would still do a better job than G.W. Bush did.  But what if he turned out to be a Hitler Groundhog?  That's a scary thought.  I guess it's best to take it slow.  Animals don't yet have the right to vote, and maybe they don't need it.
I have achieved many involuntary erections as a result of petting dogs.  They were completely involuntary; I want to stress that emphatically.  I have never touched the sex organs of an animal intentionally.  I have accidentally during innocent petting.  I also have never rubbed my sex organs on an animal.  Innocent petting can cause an erection, I believe, just cause it feels good to pet something soft and furry.  Perhaps the sexual subconscious recognizes that the body is in close proximity to another sexual being in the sexual world.
But the question that must be asked is Would petting a groundhog give me a boner?

1 comment:

  1. The last line of this is amazing 😂
    I think just being enamored and intimate with another being can cause that commonly paired reaction; doesn’t necessarily mean it’s actually sexual.

    ReplyDelete

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...