Monday, May 21, 2012

Birds Are Driving Me Crazy! (Part Deux)

Little bird make big noise
This is one hell of a noisy world.  In my home, I'm either hearing people making noise, or animals, or both at the same time.  Sometimes I'm hearing several people and animals making noise simultaneously.  I never thought this would be true, but birds are worse than people when it comes to making noise that bothers me.  They really don't seem to mind being annoying.  I'll admit that some of them sing sweetly.  However, even when they do, they tend to be very repetitive with their singing: like a human singer who sings the same line over and over again.
Chirping is much worse than singing.  Typically, I'm hearing one or more birds making the same exact sound repeatedly.  It seems like some of them have no plans to stop.  They're usually pretty loud too.  I suspect that these are juvenile birds who are saying, "feed me," and it's clear that their hunger never dies.  Unfortunately, birds don't seem to sleep very much.  At a certain time of night, they finally quiet down.  However, they've woken me up around 5:00 a.m. several times.
I believe that people have committed suicide because birds have driven them to do it.  Many, many people have committed suicide for many different reasons.  Every 17 minutes of every hour of every day, someone commits suicide in the United States.  I suppose I should get out more and go to places where there are less birds, or the birds are quieter.  
We humans believe that this is our world, and everyone else is a squirrel trying to get a nut.  I'm not so sure.  Ever imagine how many sparrows are currently living in this world, let alone the total amount of birds?  They can fly, and we can't.  They are thriving.  They are driving me insane.  They're not letting me forget about them.  They're reminding me that they're there nearly every one of my waking moments.
I'm not going to hurt any birds.  Sometimes I can hear a bird chirping on my bedroom windowsill.  I usually march right over there and say, "chirp!  chirp!  naughty birdie!"  The sparrow looks at me, jumps off the windowsill, and usually flutters down to the ground.  Sometimes she has nest-building materials in her beak.  This is preferable, because she isn't as loud when she's got stuff in her beak.
I love all animals.  I just love the quiet ones more.  

1 comment:

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...