Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Everyday, Acceptable Evil

Image result for farm animal cruelty
Today, as I was browsing Twitter, looking to return the likes and retweets of those who had liked and retweeted things I wrote on my "animal liberation" twitter account, which is here: https://twitter.com/TheBaldVegan ,I saw horrible images of animals suffering at the hands of humans.  I had seen such images before, of course; it's why I became a vegan.  Nevertheless, they are horrible images.  One video bothered me especially.  It showed a chick hung upside down by her feet: moving along in a factory-like setting.  I've seen stuff like that before: chicks on conveyor belts: literally being treated like they are things: not living, breathing earthlings.  Not only are they treating animals like that; they are baby animals!!!  Evil!!!
When people treat animals horribly, it is evil.  That's the right word.  We have every advantage over them.  They are the underdogs.  It is the same thing as a large man imprisoning, beating, and torturing a tiny, young child repeatedly: with no relief.  Animals like pigs, cows, and chickens are helpless against evil people.  They only have the rights we choose to give to them.  Pets get some (not enough), and "food" animals get nearly none.  If people knew about the Holocaust and supported it financially, there'd be no question that they were evil.  They'd be tried as war criminals, and they'd probably be executed.  But that's what meat eaters routinely do.  Every time they buy meat, they support the holocaust against animals.  They support heinous animal cruelty.  And it's so acceptable, that many of them don't even feel badly about it. 
I mentioned here that a couple of coworkers wanted to have dinner with me.  I said okay, but only if they agreed to at least eat vegetarian that meal.  They refused indignantly.  How dare I ask them to eat vegetarian for one meal!  That's completely unreasonable!  I certainly wasn't willing to compromise my principles, so I didn't join them.  At work, I have to be around people that are eating meat.  I refuse to do it in my free time. 
Even though it happened years ago, I still recall this incident when I went out to eat with some coworkers.  One of them ordered a meat dish, but he didn't finish it.  He left a pile of beef on his plate.  It didn't bother him at all that the flesh was going to be tossed into the trash.  He was smiling, laughing, and having a great time.  That really bothered me.  I think people eating meat is wrong, but I despise when they waste it.  It is so disrespectful to the suffering the animals, that were the source of that meat, were forced to endure.
I'm not popular.  I have no friends.  There are plenty of coworkers I don't talk to.  Why should I?  They eat meat with smiles on their faces.  I saw a coworker dancing while he was eating chicken: so disrespectful.  They contribute to the suffering of animals without a second thought.  They are evil.
And the literary expression of my anger, depression, and frustration about animal crutelty is Veganman, which is here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZSHNT5I                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...