Monday, September 18, 2017

Life Is (9/18/17)

Image result for squirrel
Life is seeing a deformed squirrel on the way to your car before leaving for work.  It looked as though she was the victim of fire: specifically on her head.  At least half her head appeared to have been badly burned.  I stopped and looked at her.  She was close to me on a tree.  "What happened to you?" I asked.  I don't think she heard me.  I think her ear, and eye, on the side that was facing me had been roasted to the point of being defective.  She turned, probably became aware of me for the first time, and became scared: climbing away from me a little.  The affected area really looked like the skin of a human burn victim.  I'm pretty sure she's half blind (and probably half deaf too).  How did that happen?  Did someone set her head on fire?  Again, why should I want to live with all this suffering occurring everyday in this world of pain and carnage? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...