Sunday, November 5, 2017

A Lesser Conspiracy

Image result for atheist
A day off from work (one day off after working six straight days, then back to work tomorrow), and, once again, there are all these options and choices to make.  There are two books I could work on.  I could try to promote Veganman (Which has, as they say, a niche: in this case, people who are angry about animal cruelty.), which is here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZSHNT5I
But it's Sunday, which means that two of the radio stations I listen to regularly, because they play no commercials, will play gospel music, which I hate.  I'm sure I don't hate all gospel music, just the sort they play, because it's overtly religious.  In fact, in my massive music collection, I have both satanic and Christian metal.  I just care about how it sounds; I don't care about the lyrical content; as long as it isn't anti-animal.  And of course I wouldn't support a satanic band that had been cruel to animals (beyond the usual meat eating and leather wearing).  In fact, years ago, when I was reading reviews to decide which metal CD I was going to buy next, I came across a band called Pig Destroyer.  Based on what I had read, I was very interested in their album, Terrifyer.  The name of the band bothered me, though.  If it was about the pigs (the animals) then I wouldn't buy any of their stuff.  I tried to find out why they named their band that.  I finally found it in an interview.  One of the band members said they wanted to call it Cop Destroyer, but decided against it, because it was a little too extreme (Their music is quite extreme.).  Once I read that, I was all clear to buy the album, which is great.  I don't advocate destroying cops, but at least they know what they're getting into with that job, and they are given training, support, and weapons with which to defend themselves, whereas pigs have virtually no protection from bloodthirsty, meat-eating humans.
But I digressed.  The lesser, compared to animal cruelty and procreation, conspiracy is religion.  I call it a lesser conspiracy, because I'm much less passionate about this issue than I am about the other two, though religion is certainly responsible for its share of death and destruction.  God was created out of fear and ignorance.  The more time passes, the less need we have for god, because it should be obvious that there's no big guy in the sky who has our backs, and science gradually reduces our ignorance about worldly matters.
Belief in god is one of the three obvious (to me) things that society is backwardly wrong about.  Socially acceptable animal cruelty and procreation are the others.  The only good excuses for believing in god are being a child, being stupid, or having a mental illness.  Religion is ridiculous.  In thousands of years of human existence, there is no proof that god exists: not a shred.  People, perhaps, have been dead for a few minutes and come back to life.  But has anybody been dead OVERNIGHT (like Jesus) and come back to life?  In addition to the reasons just mentioned, I think believing in this shit means one is either chickenshit or a follower.  Some believe because they are following others.  Some believe because they can't handle life without the big guy in the sky "protecting" them.
Some lie about believing.  In America, you need to say you believe in god in order to be elected president of the country, which I think is obviously backward.  If you believe in imaginary friends, then that's a very good reason why you SHOUDLN'T be president of a country.  I resent my mother forcing me to go to church every week when I was a kid.  I consider it to be brainwashing.  "Try to put belief in god into them when they're young:" an insidious plan.  The way I see it, in church, I was surrounded by adults who were, in addition to the backwards believers, liars.  Of course, it is widely acceptable for parents to lie to their children.  It is customary for them to lie about (spoiler alert!) Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, and the Easter bunny.  In fact, many parents would be very angry if I told the TRUTH to their young children about Santa Claus.  How dare you tell the truth to my child!  How dare you expose my lie!  It's just another example of how backwards this society is.
Belief in god is a sort of drug.  It's a break from reality, which is what drugs offer (but don't really deliver).  It is insulting to me that, because I have depression, I'm considered to be mentally ill, but someone who believes that there is an all-powerful guy with a beard hanging out in the clouds isn't.  It makes sense to be depressed.  Watch the news.  Go to your shitty job.  It doesn't make sense to believe in nonsense.  Once again, backward.
God, if you really exist, then prove it to me.  I work with a beautiful young woman that I would love to fuck (If you exist, then you know who I mean.).  If she asks me out and tells me that she loves me, and, if I come home from work to find $100 billion dollars in my apartment, then I will believe in you.  Deal?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...