Friday, November 3, 2017

A Salute to the Real

Image result for real
This one goes out to the realists.  If someone gave me a "Life is good" shirt, I would never wear it outside.  Assuming it fit, and it was comfy, I would only wear it indoors, because I wouldn't want anyone to assume that I supported such an asinine notion.  The fact that I've seen so many of these "Life Is Good" shirts just goes to show how many fake and phony people are out there.  If you want to know what isn't "good" about life, watch the news, or just read more of this blog.  I don't sugarcoat shit.  By the way, when I was writing "Life is good," I accidentally wrote "Lie" instead of "Life."  How appropriate.  "Lie is good," because "Life is good" is a lie.  To be fake and phony is to be worthless.  Fake laughing at someone's joke is weak and cowardly.  That being said, I have done it, but mostly at work.  A customer tries to be funny, fails, and I laugh a little anyway, because it would be uncomfortable not to, and/or I don't want him or her to try to get me into trouble at work.  Although that would be a typically ridiculous thing to get into trouble at work about: not laughing at a pathetic attempt to be funny.  Although, a customer's total came up, and it was $4.30.  He said, "Sounds like quitting time!"  And he laughed at his (can you really call that a) joke.  I couldn't bring myself to laugh, and he had the fucking nerve to criticize me!  Not in a major way, he wasn't mean; he didn't yell, but he mildly criticized me for not laughing at that weak-ass shit!  He should take that act on the road: to comedy clubs everywhere.  He should get up on stage, and ask the audience to yell out 3-digit numbers.  "715!"  "715?  That sounds like quitting time!"
I had a job where I repeatedly failed to laugh at my coworkers attempts to be funny, and they disliked me as a result.  Don't play our little game, don't fake laugh at our little jokes, and we will hate you for it.
Which brings me to the realest tweet I ever saw; "People are loved for being fake and hated for being real." 

2 comments:

  1. what is 'real' or what 'real' means?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, D. Being real is not being fake. Real is genuine. If someone tells a joke, and I don't think it's funny, and I fake laugh anyway, then I'm not being real. If someone tells a joke, and I don't think it's funny, and I don't laugh, then I'm being real.

    ReplyDelete

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...