Friday, November 10, 2017

The Ultimate Sacrifice

Image result for self-immolation monk
I make sacrifices for animals.  I haven't eaten exactly what I have wanted to since 2002.  I used to like the taste of pizza, burgers, and bacon.  I don't refuse to buy non-vegan foods because I love veggies or because I'm a health nut.  I certainly don't want to live forever.  I do it for the health, and well being, of animals.
I hate cooking, eating, pooping, pissing, and living.  All I want to do is write, create, and enjoy other people's creative works: good movies, TV shows, music, and books.  But I can't support myself with my writing.  I need a boring, soul-destroying menial job to pay my bills. 
What did the monks achieve when they protested the Vietnam War through self immolation?  Who knows, but their actions will live forever as long as human civilization exists.  For example, one of my favorite bands, Rage Against the Machine, put the image of one of these monks, fully engulfed in flames, on the cover of their debut album.
I have thought about combining my wanting to die with my desire to help animals.  Inspired by the monks I just mentioned, I have considered setting myself on fire to protest animal cruelty.  I'm at least 99.9% sure I'll never do that.  I don't mind dying before I'm elderly (to say the least), but I don't want to go out with that sort of pain.  I don't want to burn my little finger, let alone my whole body.  It's not what mama's little baby deserves.  I have also thought about a hunger strike to protest animal cruelty.  I could begin posting video online and say that I won't eat until animal cruelty is wiped out completely or every single person in the world is at least a vegetarian (preferably vegan).  Regardless, it would be a virtually impossible goal, because animal cruelty is so prevalent, so socially acceptable; the situation is so incredibly dire, so far away from where I want it to be, where I think it should be.  So the world wouldn't change as much as I wanted it to, certainly not in the time I needed it to, so, assuming I was able to do it, I would starve to death online.  Again, 99.9% sure I won't do this.  As someone who has spent plenty of time being depressed and suicidal, I have done quite a bit of research when it comes to ways to kill oneself.  I read that starving yourself to death is a very painful way to go, and I believe it.        
I feel the need to mention that I am not advocating anyone do these things at all whatsoever.  After all, it is extremely unlikely that I would do them.  These are just thoughts.  I'm only expressing myself, which is something I feel the need to do.  I may take my own life one day, but, if I do, I will try to avoid pain as much as possible.  If you are passionate about defending animals, the best thing to do is to remain ALIVE, so you will be able to continue to fight for them.  You won't be able to do anything when you're dead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...