Saturday, November 4, 2017

Fuck Social Media!

Image result for fuck social media
Yes, I'm on Facebook & Twitter; I admit it!  But what have they gotten me?  Facebook has probably hurt me.  That is where I reconnected with my aforementioned frenemy, who, as a bad influence, convinced me to go back to drinking and smoking weed regularly, even though I told him right from the start that I didn't want to rekindle those old, self-destructive habits.  That cost me a lot of money and brain cells.  It also led to me being arrested for the first time!  Thanks, Facebook frenemy!  I take full responsibility for my actions, but I'm 99.9% sure I wouldn't have gone back to drinking and smoking weed regularly, and have gotten arrested, without my frenemy's influence.  If I ever get into a no-holds-barred argument with him, I'll try to remember to ask him if he's taught his teenage daughter yet that you can't have fun without drugs and alcohol.
I joined Facebook and Twitter (and began blogging) when I read a book about getting one's writing published.  The authors of the book suggested that, in this (good-for-nothing) modern society, one needs to utilize social media to promote one's writing, so that explains that.  But, even though I have written 3 books, Veganman (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZSHNT5I), American Loser (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HQSO9RO) & Farts and Literature (featuring Bald D-Bag) (https://www.amazon.com/Farts-Literature-featuring-Bald-D-Bag-ebook/dp/B074MCFPVD/ref=sr_1_2?s=digita), that I think are good, I am not a successful writer (not even close).
I have tweeted a lot of tweets about animal cruelty (https://twitter.com/TheBaldVegan).  It can be a good way to express oneself.  But what has all this tweeting accomplished?  NOTHING!  It's still socially acceptable for BILLIONS of people to needlessly, and selfishly, support animal cruelty by buying meat, leather, fur, etc.
Facebook and Twitter (Even the names are shit.) are colossal time wasters.  I don't waste as much time with them as most people probably do, because I don't have a smartphone.  I suppose F & T are what these morons are looking at most of the time: or Instagram, Snapchat, etc.; it's all SHIT!  Fuck social media!  Fuck life in this worthless modern society!  I have fallen into these traps a little bit.  Has anyone liked or retweeted my tweet?  Has anyone liked what I put up on Facebook?  I have checked.  I just did it a few seconds ago!  The result: no new likes or retweets (what I deserve for taking the time to check something so pathetic).  People taking, and posting, selfies makes me sick!  Even just the word "selfie" makes my skin crawl.  It says so much about what's wrong with this society that there's this very commonly-used word that's all about people using their goddamn smartphones to take pictures of themselves to put onto worthless, time-wasting social media.  I'm sorry.  Did I say it was worthless?  Hell, no!  Not to stalkers and perverts.  I'm sure they have used social media to their advantage.  At least one person used Craigslist to commit a murder.  Does anyone doubt that predators have used dating websites to commit rape?
I woke up this morning to see that someone unfollowed me on my jokey Twitter account (https://twitter.com/TheBaldDBag), which has been a total fucking failure!  I had hoped that it would generate interest in my comedic book, Farts and Literature.  NOT ONE PERSON HAS BOUGHT IT.  MY LIFE IS A SHITTY JOKE.  You come up with some good jokes, you put them out there, and hardly anyone gives a fuck, because there are TOO MANY PEOPLE IN THE WORLD: all desperate for attention.  Who needs this shit?  It's garbage!  By the way, of course I returned the favor and unfollowed the prick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just in Case

if you're here from twitter because i stopped posting, i ask that you NOT ask twitter or anyone to do a wellness check on me. i wouldn&#...